Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning Daisy Wheel

Options
Dublin Dawg
Dublin Dawg Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My daisy wheel is getting gummy and sticking. Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean it?[p]Thanks

Comments

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    Dublin Dawg,
    I picked up a trick mentioned a few weeks ago about using a wire brush on the extra gummy stuff, and then putting the wheel on the grill after a hot cook.
    That was a great idea and a good place to store the wheel too.

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Dublin Dawg,
    I always put my daisy wheel in my egg after I finish cooking and it keeps my daisy clean. When I do a T-Rex cook I put the daisy wheel right in the lump when and everything comes off. No need to use any special cleaning agent, just use the self clean cycle of the egg. Happy Easter!!

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    same here.
    just enough goop melts away, and just enough stays, making for a nice, sealed, non-freewheeling daisy.[p]a dirty daisy is a happy daisy.[p]...reminds me. i knew a 'daisy' in college, wonder whatever happened to dirty daisy....

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Dublin Dawg,[p]I usually take it a part and spray it with Dawn's Power Desolver. Wait 15-20 minutes, then wash off all the gunk.[p]Howard