Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chipotle question

Dos Huevos
Dos Huevos Posts: 368
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been reading here for a while about raspberry chipotle tenderloins and the like, and I have picked up some awesome raspberry chipotle. My question is, how is this stuff used? Do you just put it on after the meat's cooked or do you use it as a glaze all during the cook or what?[p]Thanks in advance. Y'alls is just good people.

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Dos Huevos,[p]I usually pour a bit into a small dish or on my plate and I dip my pork tenderloin in it. My daughter likes to warm it up first in the microwave.[p]It's great either way.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks GM. I can't wait to try the stuff. I grilled up some chicken last night to bring to work today and tomorrow, and I think it's gonna get a little bath. [p]
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Dos Huevos,[p]Geez...do we have to come there, and cook it for you too??[p]Ok, I'll only say this once...[p]1) Just like any high sugar sauce, you're looking at a short time to "Burnsville"...so I start glazing the last 15 to 20 minutes.[p]2) Have a little (warmed and ready) for a final glaze after you pull the product, or for use as a condiment at the table.[p]You better not be posting with that thong on!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Dos Huevos,[p]If it is the raspberry chipotle jelly, and if you are a rib foiler, try it smeared on your next ribs during the foil step instead of apple jelly or honey. Pepper jellies are a nice change from an all sweet back flavor.[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Dos Huevos,
    I guess I've been doing it wrong all this time....I usually take a few ounces along with a little Balsamic and use as a marinade in a gallon Ziplock bag. I really am pretty much lost without Chubby's guidance. I shoulda known better. :o)[p]Really, I don't think you can go wrong however you do it.[p]Mike

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Lawn Ranger,[p]I knew I felt a drag...now I know why![p]My CoatTails...they are yours to use, but not forever!![p]Please...!!!!!!!!!![p]Evans[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!