Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd night with the Egg

Options
JQuinn
JQuinn Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up my egg the week my wife went out of town for springbreak ( so if you want to get one do it while she is gone) Becasue when she gets home in a few days She will know why I have a been waitng and saving my money for my green egg.
I was thinking what I could make for dinner last night. So I felt like Alton Brown and went to Harrys whole foods were he tape his show. (alpharetta, Ga.) and picked up a nice new york strip and about 6 shrimp.
I get home and what was in the mail was great.. My sample packs from Dizzy Pig. Hummmmmmmm what to rub on what?????? I went for the CowLick on the steak and 3 tsumami spin and 3 shake the tree.
I set my egg to lava stage - 750 to sear and Im Trexing like a Pro.
last 5 minute I put the shrimp on.[p]Im an offical egger now. That was the best tasting meal I have ever had outside a resturant. The most juicy steak & Shrimp I have ever had. Thanks Fellow eggers for your post and Thanks Dizzy pigg fro some great rubs.

Comments

• JQuinn,[p] Fellow Alpharettan here, just moved on from a small to a large. I was a sport and sold the small to a co-worker (another alpharettan). He's addicted to the egg now too.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    JQuinn,
    Welcome to the cult. Watch out for the regulars like Chubby, Lawn Ranger, Naked Whiz and all the rest They will have you drinking the cool-aid before you know it.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • John
    John Posts: 62
    Options
    Just got my Large Egg delivered today here in Ottawa Canada - now what will be my first meal with so many receipts out there !!! I guess it will have to be steak (Alberta Beef - just like Texas beef) But what cut ??? What did you use Mr Quinn ??[p]Question - when adding wood chips to the Egg - should they be soaked before using and adding to the coals ??[p]Thanks[p]John "Egg" Kerr Ottawa eh !![p]Go SENS Go !!

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    John,
    I use chips and chunks dry. The low oxygen on top of the burning lump(dome closed)prevents flair ups so chips smoke and smolder nicely without being wet. [p]Have fun!
    Clay