Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Holding temps overnight-It's the weekend baby!!!!!

Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited 4:27PM in EggHead Forum
I put a brisket on at 2 and will check untill about 11, any ideas on how to hold the temp till about 5 in the morning?
After the brisket is done about noon on Saturday, I'll put on my beef for (now a home town favorite)Gfw's jerky for the week. Start cooking ChefRD's wings for game time then a turkey breast for MNF.
Beef is not the only thing in KC bd. It is #1 but a variety is good.
Love my EGG.[p]CWM

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Car Wash Mike, sounds like a great weekend plan. Wish I were in KC!

• MACMAC Posts: 442
    Car Wash Mike,
    We went through the four food groups this week. Monday chicken, Tuesday Perch filets, Wednesday Pork chops, Thursday prime Rib. OK didn't cook the rib went to the track with some friends. But that covers a good week in my BBQ book[p]MAC.

• BillyBilly Posts: 68
    Car Wash Mike,
    At this point in the cook it is ok to increase the temp so the fire wont go out. Kick it up to 250* and you wont wake up to a cold egg.Billy

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,394
    Car Wash Mike,
    Billy's suggestion is a good one. How is it coming along this morning??
    Have a great cooking marathon!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Nature Boy, Woke up to an egg with a temp of 190. Took off the BGE at 7 let sit and pulled just like a boston butt. One thing though the bottom of the brisket is getting really crusty maybe to the point of burning. Great taste with the rest of the meat. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?[p]CWM
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,394
    Car Wash Mike,
    Are you cooking over a drip pan?? Briskets can be done direct, but I always use a drip pan/indirect setup and have not had any problems with crusting/burning the bottom. It does develop a crust, and is very dark in color, but not anywhere near burnt. Whatever you did, you should have some fine eats!!
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings