Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Foodsaver - which one to buy?

Rollocks
Rollocks Posts: 570
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been contemplating buying a foodsaver and have not been able to decide which one to buy. There are about a dozen models and I can't tell from Foodsaver's website if there are significan t differences in the models.

I guess I'd i'd like to hear some feedback from others experiences with different models as to ease of use, quality in results, durability of the device or any other factors one might feel are important.

Comments

• Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Did you see my post the other day about the great price I got on the Professional III? It sells on the FoodSaver website for $299. I got it for $170, including shipping, from Page Computers. It's supposed to be their top-of-the-line, and more heavy duty than the other models. When you consider that many of their models sell for $129 or so, anyway, then I think it just makes sense to pay about $40 more to get the best.

I've only had mine about a week, and I've used it quite a bit. It works well for me. I liked the accessories that came with it (a canister, a bottle stopper, a roll of material, the universal lid and some bags.) It also has some added features not available on all models (manual seal so that you can stop the suction before delicate items are crushed, a drip tray to catch liquids before they can damage the pump, variable sealing time which allows you to seal potato chip bags, etc.)

The only thing that drove me crazy at first was that it wouldn't vacuum if I left a full 8" roll in the roll holder. Apparently it's too fat to allow the cover to come all the way down to provide good suction. Once I figured that out, I had no problems.

Hope that helps!