Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's for dinner tonight?

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First and foremost Chubby's Firecracker Chipotle Baked beans! These were outstanding and I couldn't wait to do up a batch at home. [p]To go with them, I'll be doing some chicken quarters (on sale at Publix this week and they make great leftovers for lunches), cheesy cornbread (courtesy Poqal), and some sweet and sour roasted zucchini and mushrooms.[p]What's cooking on your egg(s)?[p]Tonia
:~)

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    QBabe,
    rappie pie with chicken, ham, and chourico sausage covered with salt pork and bacon

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    QBabe,
    Some crazy pork tenderloin thing that was thunk up by some foxy babe I met at an Eggfest name Qbabe! Yeppers, my first time with Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin. My wife is skeptical, but we shall see, won't we?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Toss-up. Something with chicken, as there is a whole one in my fridge, maybe brine and smoke AND there is a lamb shoulder in there too that I want to try DobieDad's stuffed recipe on.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    QBabe,
    I'm cooking my second wild turkey of the year on the egg. This one is smaller, only 9.75# cooking weight (about 14# live) than last weeks.[p]I'm seasoning this one with BlueSmoke's 'Wicked Grin' rub. [p]Banker John

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Found a couple of great looking St. Louis style slabs at the market yesterday.[p]Wiped down with yellow mustard and dusted with DP, they've been on with Apple and Hickory chunks for about 1.5 hours.[p]Ribs are pretty standard, but I'm excited. These are the first St. Louis style this year![p]DD
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    QBabe,
    Funny thing you mention about a FL Eggfest recipe you just need to try this weekend.
    Im heading to Walmart this evening to pick up a few things and on the list is a bundt pan for the sausage/egg/cheese creation that SSN posted about for the FL Eggfest. And Im even going to make my own dough for it...plus a few other ingedients that I might add.
    Just looked too good to put off any longer.
    ST

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    QBabe,
    I'm going to do some pork tenderloins tonight. They were on sale for $1.99 a Lb. I going to try coffee-crusted pork tenderloins if I have all the ingredients. Thanks, Tom

• thirdeye
    Options
    652666b6.jpg
    <p />DobieDad,[p]Were your ears burning? I just finished stuffing a lamb shoulder with your recipe. Have you ever let it sit overnight to let those flavors really meld?[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• DobieDad
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Yes, we have. We concluded that we like it better the same day.[p]Can't really give a good description why, but it might just be personal preference. Give it a try![p]DD
  • thirdeye
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]Tonight it is. Will do some oysters on the half shell for appetizers. Can't wait.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• DobieDad
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]That's a GREAT combo![p]You're lucky you live so far away from us LOL!![p]I'd be inclined to invite ourselves over and bring the wines that would be a perfect match for each![p]Enjoy![p]DD
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    March25Brisket.jpg
    <p />QBabe,[p]Your dinner sounds terrific.
    I just put this 12 lb prime brisket on the egg. Coated with Cow Lick and raw sugar, smoking with a few cherry chunks and a grate temp of 230.
    Still haven't figured out dinner for tonight, though.[p]Hey, I'm looking forward to seeing your smiling face soon![p]John

• mast3quila
    Options
    QBabe,
    New gasket in place....making up for lost time...
    Corned beef for dinner later, ginger skewers for lunch, and a burger for wifey.

[ul][li]http://www.jasonandwendy.com/egg/multitask.jpg[/ul]
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Dude, I'd like to see a picture of that when it's done![p]john

• QBabe
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Aw gee! [p]Does your wife usually like pork tenderloins? It is unusual sounding, but the flavors really work well together. Hopefully she'll like them...[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I've never done lamb shoulder and somehow must have missed the recipe. Is it recent?[p]Tonia

• thirdeye
    Options
    223b98b2.jpg
    <p />WooDoggies,[p]This is the level of perfection I'm shooting for. An herb mustard goes on following a quick sear. You can see DobieDad's full photo essay by following the link below. [p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Stuffed Lamb[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• QBabe
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I saw the post the other day about rappie pie and it sounded interesting. Let us know how it turns out...[p]Tonia

• thirdeye
    Options
    QBabe,[p]see the reply to John.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• QBabe
    Options
    Banker John,[p]How'd your egg cups turn out (didn't you say you were doing them today, or is that Sunday morning breakfast?[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]I haven't done ribs in awhile. Sounds good...[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Ya know...[p]I have had that recipe a few times, but only at Eggfests! It's always been good and would be a great dish to serve up to the family on Sunday morning. Let us know what changes you make and how things turned out.[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Bajatom,[p]Have fun![p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Sounds fantastic! Last brisket I had was the one drbbq did at the Lakeland Pig Fest, which was awesome! Time to do one at home again, that's for sure. I love long, slow cooks...[p]We don't know if we're going to make it up to Waldorf this year. I'm still having problems with my hip/back, so driving is out, plus we're still not sure about getting the time off at work yet. We're just taking it a day at a time.[p]Hugs,
    Tonia

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    QBabe, I woke up this morning and decided I'd try something I've been wanting to try for a while. I'm cooking a 7 pound boston butt in just 8 hours. I want to see the difference between my old faithful 16-20 hour butts. [p]I picked up some fresh mustard greens at a roadside stand yesterday and I'm simmering them with pulled pork, cider vinegar, salt & pepper. Yes, I am a redneck.
    Scott

• QBabe
    Options
    mast3quila,[p]Nothing like making the most of what you've got! [p]Tonight, my goal is to use as many eggs as possible, LOL. I'll do the the zucchini on one large, and then when they come off to go into the marinade, I'll put the beans on that cooker to simmer. Right about the same time, I'll start the chicken quarters on a second large egg. The cornbread will be done on the medium toward the end of the chicken and beans cooking time. [p]That leaves the small egg that hasn't been cooked on yet. Maybe tomorrows scallops will go on it...[p]Cheers,
    Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Borders ,[p]I'm not a redneck, but I like greens! Well, actually the survey the other day says I'm 57% redneck. [p]Our last pork butt went pretty fast, about 12 hrs for an 8 lb butt. I NEVER do those 20 hour cooks. Turns out great![p]Tonia

• laker
    laker Posts: 10
    Options
    Pulled Beef.[p]Did Pulled Beef using Clay's directions. Turned out fine, although all cooking was direct as I do not have a plate setter. Only been Eggin' for a few weeks. Have done a lot of T-Rex, ginger chicken skewers, (outstanding), Chicken butt using the wok method with veggies, also great and some fish.[p]This was the first slo and low, and took about 8 hours total with 6+ Lbs. of choice chuck roast.
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Thanks for the link. DobieDad's photos and recipe drove me crazy the first time I saw it. Can't wait to see your results... good luck!

• WooDoggies
    Options
    QBabeSamples6thPlaceBrisket.jpg
    <p />QBabe,[p]Of course we'd love to see you but you gotta take care of yourself first.[p]And I know you like brisket.... remember this at the Jack?