Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

XL Problem

edited 8:05PM in EggHead Forum
I think there's a flaw in the design of the XL. Love my XL - but I've had a problem with using the plate setter. I like to cook indirect - ribs, butt, etc with a drip pan but can't raise the grid high enough because the legs on the setter for the XL are too short. I did find some disposable aluminum pans at the grocery store that have sides only one inch high. Problem is that the drippings or whatever liquid I put in it burns quickly because it's too shallow. I bought some fire bricks to lay them on their side on the setter but that raised too high and the lid wouldn't close over the grid. Maybe someone out there can give me a suggestion.
·