Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

XL Problem

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think there's a flaw in the design of the XL. Love my XL - but I've had a problem with using the plate setter. I like to cook indirect - ribs, butt, etc with a drip pan but can't raise the grid high enough because the legs on the setter for the XL are too short. I did find some disposable aluminum pans at the grocery store that have sides only one inch high. Problem is that the drippings or whatever liquid I put in it burns quickly because it's too shallow. I bought some fire bricks to lay them on their side on the setter but that raised too high and the lid wouldn't close over the grid. Maybe someone out there can give me a suggestion.
·