Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE cover

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a large BGE and some of the eggessories. The cover I bought was like me fitting into 30 shorts when I need 36. I questioned the dealer. No problem he said. Well I later purchased the side tables and installed them. This cover is not going on at all without tearing it. Any other problems with this?[p]CWM

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    They do make a cover to fit the large egg with the folding egg mates,i have one.
    YB

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I got a cover for my large with the large table. It fit okay when I got it but now it's real tight. Either the table grew or the cover shrank. One seam is torn also. It's a little over 2 years old and I'm having to get a new one. Maybe they could add an inch or two in their length dimension to account for this shrinkage.
    JimW

• Car Wash Mike,
    I would take some measurements, buy some Sunbrella fabric of your choice and break out the sewing machine. Much more satisfactory results.

• Ksdaddio
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I have the same trouble, and it takes some care to get the cover on and off. I haven't punched any holes in mine but anyone who isn't careful will probably tear it.