Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Breast

Have done boneless breast before. Is the time and temp different with a bone in breast?
Thanks
Big Cat

·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    Big Cat,
    I cook b/s breasts direct at 400. Definitely cook much quicker than the bone-in. 4-5 minutes per side. I always use my polder when doing breast meat. 165 is always perfect and juicy. Anything over 175 will be dry.[p]Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Sorry,
    The times I mentioned of 4-5 minutes a side, was the last ones I did on the small egg. They cook faster being close to the coals. Probably more like 5-10 minutes a side if further from the coals, like on the large.
    Cheers
    NB

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    MustardChicken03_12_00_small.jpg
    <p />Big Cat, if time permits, check ou the link - Mustard Marinated and done indirect at 350 degrees for about 1.45 hours - cooked to an internal temp of 170 degrees.

[ul][li]Mustard Marinated CB[/ul]
    ·