Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cooking Pizza

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked a pizza, and it was a total flop. It ran all over the place and it was a horrible mess to clean. Please can someone tell me how to cook a pizza or what in the WORLD I did wrong.
Thanks.

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Pizza_06_21_0018_27_03_small.jpg
    <p />Frances, Spin is the real expert on BGE pizza and I'm sure that he'll be along - in the meantime, check out the link to my web site - pictures and directions.[p]REMEMBER - there is no such thing as a failure if we use it as a learning experience. Good luck with your next pizza!

[ul][li]Pizza[/ul]
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    Frances,[p]Check out Spin's tutorial in the recipe section (link below).

[ul][li]Spin's Pizza[/ul]
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    pizza1.jpg
    <p />Frances,
    Tell us what you did - the only other time someone complained about "running" was when they added tomatoes on it. I would aviod that as much as possible since they reduce themselves by letting the water run free and that would make too much liquid. The Egg pizza doesn't need a real wet sauce or any extra water. Too much liquid makes my pies soggy in the middle. [p]Here is one of mine just before it went in. Its about 13-14" diameter and try to keep the toppings on top so they cook faster. Try again - it's worth it. You can also get wonderful results with a Boboli crust!![p]Tim

[ul][li]Tim's BGE place[/ul]