Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops

Options
Dublin Dawg
Dublin Dawg Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a good recipe for lamb chops on the BGE? Maybe something with a greek flair....Thanks

Comments

• Indiana Skeeter
    Options
    Dublin Dawg, I dont know if this is Greek but it is very good
    1/2cup red wine, 1/4 cup soy sause,2 cloves of garlic(minced), 1Tbs rosemary and pepper. Mix all and marinate chops 4+ hrs.
    good luck
    Indiana Skeeter [p]

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Dublin Dawg,
    When I grill lamb chops I keep it simple with a brushing of olive oil and shake Greek seasoning on(from Penzeys spices). I grill hot and fast until meat is just medium, about 10 minutes, turning chops 3 times. Serve with rice pilaf and Greek salad, Greek olives and feta cheese. A good silky Merlot is great with lamb. I make a yogurt sauce as a side dish- very good next to the rice, here it is;[p]Cool Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
    1 cup fine diced cucumber, no seeds
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1 cup sour cream
    2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
    2 or 3 cloves fresh garlic minced fine
    1 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper[p]Blend together and rest in the frig a couple of hours before serving.[p]Clay[p]