Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calbi rib recipe for babyboomerbbq

Options
The Virginian
The Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here you go, mang. Their really good! [p]Ingredients
5 lbs of Korean style beef ribs.
1 cup soy sauce
½ cup sesame oil
½ cup of ground, toasted sesame seeds
½ cup green onions, cut length-wise
scant ½ cup of sugar
1/4 cup of crushed garlic
1 ½ t of black pepper[p]Directions
Toast and grind sesame seeds ( unless you have bought them already toasted and ground). Mix all ingredients together except for the ribs. Put the ribs into a heavy duty gallon size plastic bag. Add the sauce and squeeze for a couple of minutes to work into the meat. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Grill over a hot fire, about 5-8 minutes total. There should be some char on the ribs when you are done, and the fire should be hot enough that the fat is sizzling by the time you take the ribs off. [p]Servings Serves 6-8 [p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Brettly!
    That reminds me of a recipe I posted here 5 or 6 years ago that I learned from my bro-in-law. Except for the garlic and the sugar, it looks like the same stuff. And you are right....it really is a wonderful flavor. Simple and good. I think the sugar would actually be a nice addition, but I'd try turbinado.[p]Hope your well. Watching my Terps get HAMMERED by Boston College. I guess that means I can go to bed. Looks like we got no chance here!
    Cheers
    Chris

[ul][li]Bulgoki[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Thanks! I'll give it a try soon.[p]Bryan