Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new meat

Options
GrillMan
GrillMan Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one have an idea on how to make a great hot dog?

Comments

• Grill Man,
    try Bratwurst....there are very tasty on the BGE...

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Grill Man, bleacher seats at any baseball game, don't forget the beer. T

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Grill Man,
    The Varsity!!!!!!!
    I've always liked Sonic too if one is around.
    Ballfield hot dogs are also keepers.
    Of course dogs on the egg are tasty too. Search for Superdogs on the forum, those are the ultimate in hotdogs...and your cardiologist will thank you when you meet him.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Grill Man,
    hebrew nationals. ..simmered in beer for a while. ..then on to the grill for a few minutes, then back into the beer with sour kraut prior to serving. .. . on buns with real deli mustard and sour kraut (hey, i'm a traditionalist). .[p]btw...if you are ever in baltimore or ocean city maryland... go to "pollack johnnies" for an "unburger". .. one of the best dogs you'll ever eat in your life. . .i never forgave the orioles when they moved to camden yards. ..now its eskays and budweiser. . .at old memorial stadium you could get a pollack johnnies and a 'natty bo' (national bohemian).... one of the best 'dog/beer' combos ever IMHO. . ..

• PrimeHotdog.jpg
    <p />Grill Man,[p]A great hotdog has to start with great meat. Treat yourself one time in your life with a case of these 1/4 pound hotdogs from from Allen Brothers. [p]Dave

[ul][li]Allen Brothers[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    2005232506.jpg
    <p />Grill Man,
    lawtons in lawrence mass makes the best dog, get one with chili and suaerkraut and the other wrapped in white american cheese. theirs are fried in peanut oil. off the egg, chili mustard and onions are good, and stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon are good
    hotdogs003.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • penfresh
    penfresh Posts: 103
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]now there's something I can't get in Fl....National Bo....I can cook crabs properly (no, not boiled with garlic butter like the natives do here) but can't get the NB to go with them.
    ;-(

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    penfresh,
    i'm not sure if they even make national bo anymore (i don't get up to baltimore all that often). ...it was good stuff though. ...[p]as for crab. .. .have you tried making crab cakes on the egg??. ..here is a link to how i do them. ..pretty traditional method, and the results are very good. ...

[ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesCrabcakes.html[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome,
    hebrew nationals are made now. i like oscar mayor ones tho. good meat flavor. i like them with onions and a cold beer! what bout you eggspurts? reply back.

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Options
    Papa ShaBBQ,[p]Hebrew National hot dogs are the best on the market IMHO. We buy them in bulk from Sam's and portion and vacuum seal and freeze them, and they last a good while.[p]Mmmmmm...hebrew nationals. Maybe a saturday cook in the making.
  • Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    dhuffjr,[p]You mean SuperBurgerDogs. Here's the link.
    [ul][li]Burger Dogs[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Grill Man,
    lee from wicked good just sent me this info. ill be going soon. linguica is my favorite and they are cooked on a big green egg

[ul][li]freds franks[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Two days in a row! Man, those look good. Couldn't go get a chili dog yesterday because my favorite place adds wheat to the chili to which the GF is allergic. I just can't stand it. Today's the day for a Woodie dog.