Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beauty and the Beast

Options
Btown Egger
Btown Egger Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The old gasser is looking pretty nasty now that the egg has landed into it's new home.[p]eggtable008.jpg

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Btown Egger,[p]Why don't you use it as a garage for BBQ tools and such.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    IMG_0602.jpg
    <p />Btown Egger,
    what worked for me was to increase the distance between my eggs and my old Ducane gasser. In fact here it was after I kicked its sorry butt to the curb for garbage pick up. BGE RULES!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Btown Egger
    Options
    thirdeye,
    That's exactly what I've been using it for since I purchased the BGE. I still use the gasser occasionally if I'm looking to cook a quick hot dog but that is the extent of cooking that the propane cooker sees.

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    I would highly recommend putting the ceramic feet under the egg. Otherwise expect scorched wood under the tile.[p]Toy Man
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Btown Egger, way, way, way to clean.....Look you can even see a reflection in the door window and not a bbq sauce stain anywhere. You must live in heaven, man! [p]I strongly suggest you contact GrillMeiser for a keggor party and invite a bunch of us beer drinking eggheads over to soften that look....lol T[p]
  • Btown Egger
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    I gave the egg a good cleaning while I had it apart prior to its move into the table. It normally didn't look that good and of course the table hasn't had any use yet so it is also looking like new.[p]It was easier to move once I had it all apart than I thought it would be.

• Btown Egger
    Options
    Toy Man,
    I have some small 2"X 2" ceramic tiles that I had left over from our kitchen backsplash that I used under the egg. The tiles are about 1/4 inch thick. I don't remember getting ceramic feet with my egg. Is 1/4 inch enough space to prevent wood scorching? How thick are the egg's ceramic feet?

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    About a 1/2" thick I as recall.[p]The small tiles might work.[p]Toy Man
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Btown Egger,
    You may want to put the littel Egg Feet under your Egg on top of whatever you have under the Egg. Every so often there's a post on the heat charring the wood on the table when they are set up that way. Gives it a little air flow to get rid of some of the heat. Just a thought.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    Btown Egger,
    put 3 quarters under the egg around the outer edge on top of the tiles, an air space will help alot to avoid any heat transfer. my first egg burned thru 2 inch pine while sitting on the feet, it can get real hot down there

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    2005_0104Image0008.jpg
    <p />you can just make out where the 3 feet were
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Sundown,
    Someone a long time ago gave me some advice that I think has proven to be invaluable concerning burning through the base due to heat. Always leave about 1/4" to 1"2" of ash in the bottom of your egg after you clean it out. This acts like an insulator for the heat that could transfer to the surface below, and it also catches those flying embers that would otherwise end up on someone's bare foot or even worse your deck. I have had my egg since 1998, and it has been on the BGE feet and nothing else and there s not so much as a mark due to heat under my egg and I have had it well above 750*, and done countless overnight cooks. As you can see from the posts below, burning through can be a real serious problem, but I think the ash in the bottom has certainly helped alleviate this problem. Just my 2 cents worth. Nice lookin table by the way.
    Seth