Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Good Sunday Ribs

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked a batch of baby back ribs Sunday and accidently made a big mistake in my usual 3/1/1 method. After the first 3 hours I opened the egg to put the ribs in foil and discovered I had forgot my drip pan. So the first 3 hours were direct instead of indirect. The ribs were more done than usual at this point so after foiling them I just dropped the temp down 20 degrees lower than usual for the hour in the foil. After defoiling they were actually done, but I gave them a few minutes direct and basted a couple times. They were a little different, but just as good as usual. Maybe even better. I might try doing them that way again sometime for a change. Goes to show theres more than one way to "skin a cat" or roast a pig.