Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shakin' the Tree Lemonade Chicken Sucess

BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
edited 2:33PM in EggHead Forum
I had a bunch of huge fresh lemons so the GF made a concentrated lemonade mixture yesterday. I had a fresh sample of DP Shakin’ The Tree, leftover Italian dressing from Pat & Oscars, the lemonade and a bunch of chicken thighs. Lemonade chicken was, therefore, my goal. [p]Marinated 7 chicken thighs in 1-cup each of the lemonade mixture and Italian dressing for 2 hours (could have used 4+ hours IMHO) drained them and applied rub, including under the skin. (Should have patted the meat after draining and before rubbing as it flashed up quite a bit.) Let it sit for about 30 minutes, sprayed with canola oil and direct grilled at medium temperature to about 180 internal.[p]While this recipe will continue to be developed, it really really rocked as it was. [p]Great work on the rub Dizzy Pig!

·