Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Seafood and the BGE

My friend Larry says that the BGE can be ideal for seafood like prawns but it perhaps needs a nice wanker sauce to add moisture and flavouring. Does this make sense and any recipes or ideas?
Thanks[p]Steve Patti

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Steve Patti,[p]I have done shrimp - which is or is like a prawn I think. Time to cook is very short. I put them on a water soaked bamboo stick and cook for 2-3 minutes. I like a butter and old bay mix spread on, but others would be good.[p]Let us know what you do and how they come out. [p]Tim
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    07_01_0017_01_02.jpg
    <p />Steve Patti, I do them similiar to Tim M - bamboo skewers and large shrimp - never tried prawns but they should be about the same - check out the link.[p]Here's another (cut & paste) link to a similiar - but different - version http://yyyz.net/BGE/R_shrimp_on_bamboo.asp

[ul][li]Bamboo Shrimp[/ul]
  • Tim M,
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. I also like to eat Lobster and have a nice big pink one for next week.[p]Any sauce recommendations for Lobster ?[p]Regards[p]Steve Patti[p]

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    lobster.jpg
    <p />Steve Patti, check out this link as well - while I haven't made it YET, others have and said it was great!

[ul][li]Dwell in the Shell By: Houndog[/ul]
  • CatCat Posts: 556

This network ID matches the one on yesterday's trash posts from Euro Weenie.[p]If we ignore these adolescent attempts at humor, they'll stop.

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Cat, unfortunately they will not go away but it's much like dealing with small children. If you ignore their deviant behavior it has less chance of being repeated. BTW, good sleuthing.