Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok Around The Clock

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sandbagger got me started on it and I think I'm gonna like this Wok'n stuff. Practiced some more tonight for dinner. Needed a lot more of something but we ate it all.[p]Here it is with some already cooked steak I cut up into smaller pieces.
MVC-006S.jpg[p]Here it is after I poured in the frozen vegetables.
MVC-007S.jpg[p]Here it is ready to be served.
MVC-008S.jpg[p]Next time I will add the other stuff.[p]Spring "Wok A Bye Baby" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    welcome to the sandbagger wok-ring club leroy!! .. .i use mine a lot. ... next time you have leftover steak like that try make a potato/steak hash. .. get your wok hot. . .add a stick of butter and a little oil (veggie or olive).. . .add a couple of diced up potatos and onions. . .add some salt and pepper ...work it and wok it till its soft and the taters are just turning brown. .then add the diced up leftover steak (leftover prime rib is really good in this). . .keep working it till the taters are browned and a little crispy. ..makes a great one course meal. ...its good stuff[p]while your steak certainly doesn't look overcooked in your pics, next time, try cooking up the raw stuff first, then adding the already cooked stuff just to finish. ..that way, you don't have to worry about overcooking anything. .. one of the tricks to wok cooking is to add in the foods that take the longest first, so that everything is done just right at the same time in end. ...just my 2 cents ..[p]mad "woking in virginia" max

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it. I cooked the steaks @ 600° on the grill to medium rare and cut it into smaller pieces. Then I threw it in the hot wok and followed with the frozen veggies. Total wok time about two minutes. I'll add a lot more spices and onions next time.[p]I sure need some long handled wok tools. Next thing on the list.[p]Spring "Juan Jhung Lowe" Chicken

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]What is the Wok resting on? [p]I have a killer sweet and sour recipe I've been wanting to get back to into doing.
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]When using the wok over a large bed of lava like that, are the upper parts (sides) of the wok just as hot as the bottom (closest to the heat)?[p]E

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ ,
    It's a stainless steel ring built by Sandbagger for a few of us who did the demo in Fredericksburg a couple of months ago. Here's a photo (not real good but it's night here).[p]WokRing.jpg[p]If you scroll up some you will see others asking about it.[p]Good Wok'n to you.[p]Spring "Wok'n Egg Roll" Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Eggecutioner,
    No. At least I don't think so. The wok gets very hot in the bottom and you just keep moving the food around in and out of the hot center. Seems to work well.[p]If you click on the link below it will take you to a very informative site about wok cooking, including recipes.[p]Spring "Egg Foo Yummy" Chicken[p]

[ul][li]Wok tips[/ul]