Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

!!!!!! Best Of 2005 BGE Forum Photo Contest Results !!!!!!!

WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OceanCity1.jpg
<p />Finally. Yes, the judges have judged, the numbers have been crunched and ciphered and the winners gleaned and chosen.... at last![p]There are five winners in all... one winner per category and an overall Grand Prize Grand Champion winner.[p]Nature Boy, The Naked Whiz, HolySmokes, WooKitties and I awarded all of the 152 submitted photos with a number from 1 to 10... with 1 being the lowest score and 10 being the highest.
The photo with the highest score in it's category won that category and the photo with the highest score overall, of all the categories, won the coveted title of Grand Champion. [p]The winners of the BGE in Any Situation, Food, General and People, Eggers, Yahoos and Goombahs categories will all receive:[p]~ A bottle of Rib Stars Rib Rub... Donated by Rick Salmon[p]~ A custom made "Lucy"... A fine tuning bottom vent temp control device made for the BGE.... donated by eggor.[p]~ Hand cut black cherry and apple smoking wood from the WooFarm.[p]~ An aromatic assortment of commercially bottled spices... donated by Dimplesmom.[p]~ An "EGGHEAD" baseball cap with built in lamp that's guaranteed to round out your wardrobe... donated by Dutch.[p]~ Friends of Kaleigh hats, Magic Wand Car Wash tee shirts and BBQ Rubs from Kansas City that are difficult to find outside of KC.... donated by Car Wash Mike.[p]~ A bag of fresh, custom-roasted whole been coffee .... donated by Eggmaster.[p]~ A $25 BBQ Bucks gift certificate... donated by those crazy fellas Shotgun Fred and BBQ Bob Trudnak of The BBQ Guru.[p]Thanks goes out to all of the donors who made for some fine prize booty this year! [p]And thank you all who entered this year and made this contest happen. There were an amazing array of photographs that made it really difficult to judge and pick only 5 winners.... so many great shots![p]So enough already with the fanfare.... onto the winners.

Comments

• WooDoggies
    egret.jpg
    <p />Egret![p]Egret scored a 6, 8, 7, 6, 10 for a total of 37 out of a possible 50 points to win the BGE category.[p]Egret, please email your shipping address to Johnkovo at gmail.com so we can begin to get your prizes to you.[p]Congratulations, Egret!
  • WooDoggies
    Salmon.jpg
    <p />Salmon![p]Rick scored a 7, 8, 7, 7, 8 for a total of 37 point out of a possible 50 to win.[p]Rick, please email your shipping address to Johnkovo @ gmail.com so we can begin to get your prizes to you.[p]Congratulations FishBoy!

• WooDoggies
    AlaskanC.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC![p]AlaskanC scored a 10, 9, 8, 8, 7 for a total of 42 points out of a possible 50 to win.[p]AlaskanC please email your shipping address to Johnkovo @ gmail.com so we can begin to get your prizes to you.[p]Congratulations![p]
  • WooDoggies
    BBQBobTrudnak.jpg
    <p />BBQ Bob Trudnak![p]Bob scored an 8, 8, 8, 9, 10 for a total of 43 points out of a possible 50 to win.[p]Bob, please email your shipping address to Johnkovo @ gmail.com so we can begin to get your prizes to you.[p]Congratulations dude![p]
  • WooDoggies
    ClayQ.jpg
    <p />ClayQ![p]Congratulations Grand Champion ClayQ for the Best Picture of All![p]Clay scored a 10, 9, 6, 10, 10 for a total of 45 out of a possible 50 points for the highest score of overall. [p]For his talented eye, Clay will receive these fabulous prizes:[p]~ A matching pair of His and Her's Authentic Naked Whiz Logo Thongs. No, I'm not making this up... just ask Stumpy... donated by the Whiz from his own closet. [p]~ An autographed copy of drbbq's new cookbook "Barbecue All Year Long".... donated, of course, by the notoriously famous Ray drbbq Lampe.[p]~ A dazzling Dizzy Pig BBQ Company Tshirt... size and color of Clay's choosing.... donated by that fine fella, Nature Boy at Dizzy Pig Headquarters.[p]~ A box of Guava Greg's exotic Guava Wood that he handpicked and cut from his very own Hawaiian paradise... Aloha Greg![p]~ Rumrunner's new video, "A BBQ'ers Guide To Cutting Meat at Home".... donated by the ever knowledeable Rummy.[p]~ A handmade LawnRanger tool of Clay's choosing... donated by none other than the very talented LawnRanger himself.[p]~ A custom made "Lucy"... A fine tuning bottom vent temp control device made for the BGE.... donated by the innovative, eggor.[p]~ A $50 BBQ Bucks gift certificate... donated by those crazy and forward-thinking fellas Shotgun Fred and BBQ Bob Trudnak of The BBQ Guru.[p]~ And last but certainly not least.... Clay wins a Mini Egg! Yes, A Brand New Mini Big Green Egg!!! Generously donated by the good and generous folks at BGE Headquarters in Atlanta.... thank you BGE.[p]Well done, Clay! Jolly good show! Now you have bragging rights for the rest of the year. :~)[p]John[p][p]
  • WooDoggies,
    congrats to one and all. . . .those are some fantastic pics. ...and its really impressive that you got over 150 entries this year. .. i can't imagine how difficult this must have been for the judges . . . it would be cool if you could assemble all of the photos in an 'album' that maybe the naked whiz or even bge could host. ...[p]i'm sure i speake for all when i say "thanks" john, and the rest of the judges for doing this. .. it was a lot of fun. . . .

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    WooDoggies,[p]
    Man what a small cranium![p]StumpBaby

• WooDoggies
    thirdeye.jpg
    <p />Thirdeye got 36 points for the above shot.[p]
    drbbq 34 points.
    drbbq.jpg[p]JM3 32 points
    JM3.jpg[p]MadSapper 32 points.
    MadSapper.jpg[p]
    SSN686 32 points
    SSN686.jpg

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    WooDoggies,
    WOW! You guys had some tough descisions to make.
    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with it also.
    Thanx for taking the time to share it all.
    ST

• WooDoggies
    AlaskanC.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC scored 36 points for the above photo.[p]Car Wash Mike 35 points.
    CarWashMike.jpg[p]
    Chuck 35 points.
    Chuck.jpg[p]
    PigPen 35 points.
    PigPen.jpg[p]
    SmokedSignals 34 points.
    SmokedSignals.jpg

• WooDoggies
    ClayQ.jpg
    <p />ClayQ received 40 points for the shot above.[p]BabyBoomBBQ 39 points.
    BabyBoomBBQ.jpg[p]
    BBQ Bob Trudnak 39 points.
    BBQBobTrudnak.jpg[p][p]ColonelPorkButt 39 points.
    ColonelPorkButt.jpg[p][p]MadSapper 39 points.
    MadSapper.jpg

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    WooDoggies,
    Thanks again, John, Chris, and Doug for all your great work and support.[p]I want to step in just long enough to thank everyone for the great entries. I really enjoyed judging
    (though it took a long time and it was a huge challenge!!!), and just watching all of the entries come in.[p]
    The winners really do represent the best of the best of the best... with honors![p]
    My congratulations to the winners, and every entrant. I wish everyone could have won something...
    it really was my pleasure to review each and every one of the entries.[p]HolySmokes.
    (2004 Grand Champ, I can only figure that was by accident!)
    0101birdguru.jpg

• WooDoggies
    fishlessman.jpg
    <p />The highest scoring category and toughest of all.[p]Fishlessman scored 42 points for the above photo... beautiful.[p][p]WVUEgg scored 42 points.... killer shot... breathe that ocean breeze.
    WVUEgg.jpg[p]
    Borders 41 points.... my personal favorite.
    borders.jpg[p][p]Eggecutioner 40 points... another great shot.
    Eggecutioner.jpg[p]
    JM3 35 points... kids love him.
    JM3.jpg[p]Wonderful shots.... thank you for all of these!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    WooDoggies,[p]Jeez-o-man, that looks like it was a tough job for the judges! There were a bunch of great photos to choose from. Congrats to all the winners!![p]ClayQ, you really raised the bar with that bread picture. Eggecutioner, I just knew your People, Eggers... photo would be in there too.[p]~thirdeye~[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    WooDoggies,
    Thank you all so much for putting on this excellent contest. It was a lot of fun for all of us. I know the judging was very difficult. So many excellent entries. Congratulations to all the winners and I thank the fine judging staff for selecting my entry so high.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    WooDoggies,
    I'm the one who gave this photo a 10! It's a home run!
    Congrats Egret!
    Nature "Waiting for an invitation to eat summadat while soaking in that view" Boy

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    WooDoggies, WooKitties, Holysmokes and Nature Boy,[p]Thank you for taking the time for this contest. Of all the things that I have seen "develop" (get it Max?) on line, this is the coolest. Watching eveyone post their pictures and waiting for the results was a nice little bonus on the enjoyment of life. Enjoyment of life and people seems to be the foundation of this forum. That's why I still read it after 2 years.
    Happy Friday, Scott

• Nature Boy
    WooDoggies,
    I freaked when I saw this photo was not in the food winners. Now I see why![p]Good job Clay. This is the quality of a fancy food magazine cover photo. I see you are not only handy with the wood carving tools and kneeding the dough, but awfully capable behind a shutter button as well...with a keen eye for lighting.[p]Okay...now...what do I gotta do to get an idea how to make bread like that?? I would love a little lesson....or even a little receipe to get me started!
    Congrats
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • thirdeye,[p]Thanks dude. I'm glad you enjoyed that pic of my dad. It's is really one of my favorites.[p]E
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Nature Boy,
    Wow! A "home run"! Thank you for this NB. Hey, I'll leave the light on. Joan and I are coming to Waldorf this year so, if I don't see you before, I maybe can bake you a loaf there........
    John

• WooDoggies, Nature Boy, The Naked Whiz, HolySmokes, WooKitties, [p]Woo, Thanks for running this and many thanks to the judges. With all those beautiful submissions, I feel for you all, you had a difficult process.[p] I have checked this board every 15 minutes for the last 6 weeks, looking for the results. I really need to take a break now, and bbq something. LOL. [p]I hope your all up for it again next year, because I am taking pics at a RAPID pace. To everybody that submitted, you keep taking more pics too. For those of you who don't post pics, for whatever reason, do it, JUST DO IT. I love seeing any pic. I want to see pics like that in Jan 2007. [p]I like Max's idea about getting all those pics somewhere to reference them.[p]Again, Great Job! I haven't been more giddy since the night before I brought home my egg. LOL[p]E
  • WooDoggies,
    Thanks ladies and gents! Looks like I got it by the skin on my teeth. There were alot of great shots and I feel honored to be a part of this. Thanks Woo for encouraging me to submit some photos.[p]BBQ Bob

• Clay,
    Congrats Man! Great shot! You deserve the Gold.[p]BBQ Bob

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    WooDoggies,
    just judging my own photos was impossible, it must have been extremely hard judging everyones best. great job guys.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]I agree, that pic is in a class of it's own. [p]Congrats Clay.[p]E

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    WooDoggies,
    bge needs that photo to advertise in bread baking publications.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nature Boy
    fishlessman,
    You had some really nice images. Three of them were among my favorites....my favorite of yours being the "dog and the fisherman". [p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    WooDoggies,
    That was fun...[p]Spring "Brownie Hawkeye Picture Taker" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• WooDoggies,
    That was alot of fun. Thanks Woo, Chris, Whiz, Holy Smokes and Kitty Poo! It was nice to be a part of it![p]BBQ Bob Trudnak

• Borders,[p]LOL, yep, got it this time. ...