Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wa-Wa wings & salt

BamabobBamabob Posts: 246
edited 12:42AM in EggHead Forum
I need some EGGspert advice on lowering salt taste on some of the ready made rubs&stuff. Just finshed off a load of Wa-Wa wings,fixed just like Smokin' Eddie says,they were Great,but I've been cut back on salt,even using the new BGE lower salt, seasoning was still a little much.Do any of you have any ideas on diluting the salt but keep the good taste,maybe adding more of something.Any ideas will be appreciated. Bob

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
    Tried the BGE rub (lo-salt) even I found it too salty and I love salt! Wife suggested JJ Rub with just a little bit of salt added...a teaspoon...worked fine.

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Bamabob,[p]I have always said their recipe is too salty. Check the link below to see several different chicken wing cooks. I like the wa-wa wings but I use a 3-1 mix to cut back on the salt.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]--- Tim's Chicken Wings --[/ul]
  • BamabobBamabob Posts: 246
    Tim M,
    Thanks to you & Sundown for the advice,next cook I,m going to try half of wings with Wa-Wa mixed 1 BGE and 3 Obie, and other half with JJ's mix.The batch of JJ I just made has about 1/2 tsp. of sea salt.Will experiment from there.Thanks again.Bob