Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playing is such fun...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Making pork chops for dinner tonight (what else is everyone cooking?) and have a rack of baby back ribs in the fridge covered (since yesterday) with Memphis-Style rub. [p]With ribs scheduled for tomorrow, I have spent the last few days going through all my cookbooks and the web looking at Memphis-Style BBQ sauces – early this morning I finalized a recipe and made it this afternoon. It will have it’s initial test on my (not my wife’s) pork chops this evening. I have had a few tastes and…[p]The good... it has a fantastic aroma and taste.
The bad... I do believe I made it a little TOO Spicy.
The next time... I will be using a little less hot pepper and sauce.[p]The fun is in the search - Life is GOOD! [p]Have a great day![p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Gfw,[p]Will you post a link to the sauce recipe when you get a chance to record it?[p]A little sweetener (sugar, maple syrup, molasses) will tone down the heat a bit.[p]Two slabs of spareribs under way here.[p]Cathy
  • Gfw
    Cat, I knew that I forgot something - check out the link. After a few more tastes - it is still hot - but I think I'm on to something good! [p]Ribs Tomorrow!

[ul][li]Gfw's Memphis-Style BBQ Sauce[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,
    I'll be curious to see the recipe. Mine usually consists of a blend of whatever I have here plus a few ragulars as bases. I use KC Masterpiece as a base, add some apple vinegar, ketchup, some of this BBQ sauce and a touch of Pig Man's BBQ sauce (its hot). Blend together to taste. I find myself too lazy to make fresh weekly or monthly.[p]Tim

• Gfw, You are sooooo right. Iv'e got a shis-kabob recipe I've had for a few years that, dare I say it, cooked on a gas grill. I'll be posting it in a few days, please try and let me know. I'll try it at least 3 times before I post.[p]CWM
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Gfw,[p]Cooking is a great hobby and playing IS fun.[p]Pizza tonight. I burnt the first one :-). Second was perfect.[p]Spin
  • Gfw
    1st Test is passed - I put a gentle layer of the new BBQ sauce on some butterfly porkchops - wife insisted that I treat hers the same. Results... not a spicy as I initialy thought and still with a nice flavor. Tomorrow will be the real test - Memphis-Style BBQ Baby Backs! [p]Spin... can't believe YOU burned a pizza - just kidding. [p]Best wishes to all for a great evening![p]Gfw
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Gfw,[p]Pizza was chosen at the last minute. The dough was still young and I shortened the cooking time to adjust. I should have shortened it a bit more :-). The toppings were great![p]I am looking forward to the results of your cook.[p]Spin

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Spin,[p]Nothing like throwing the rest of us a bone. :)[p]Did you try it in the mini?[p]Puj

• Gfw,
    DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(Monday Night Football sound.........)
    I hear ya, Bro....playing is F-U-N...FUN!! FUN!! FUN!!!
    Cornfed and I were just discussing, over a case of beer of course,ovah(O-V-A-H) of what will accomadate our pork ribs at our tailgate at this week's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL matchup against the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS(Drew Bledsoe SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    after 11 beers apiece(one more to go baby!!!!!!!) we have decieded that a nice veggie side will be appropriate for our eating needs ..that is onions, 3 colors peppers, mushrooms, and a clove of garlic will be our veggie platter as we tailgate in the parking lot at the swamps of the Meadowlands(New Jersey)@ MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL....
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    J!!!!!!!!! E!!!!!!!!!! T!!!!!!!!!!! S!!!!!!!!!! JETS!!!!!!!!!!!! JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
    Bledsoe is a whiner,
    ST