Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermometer does not fit hole

Went to purchase a small or medium and came home with a large. All of the display models had stainless dampers and the dealer said all the new eggs came with them. I guess the one he sold me must have been old cause it has a black painted one. Oh well will have to talk to him about that. The thermometer he sold me has a diameter that is much to large to fit in the hole in the egg. Don't know if it's a BGE thermometer or not. Should i try to enlarge the hole or find one to fit it.
·

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />JJPLIN,[p]Yes. I forgot what size it is but run a drill bit of the same size first, try thermometer, then run a larger bit through. You don't want it bigger than it has to be. The new thermometers have a tiny bit larger diameter than the older holes (which you sound like you have). You can always add a SS damper - I did on mine.[p]Welcome aboard!![p]Tim
    ·
  • JJPLIN,
    John, is that you? Jump in Jeff about the damper. The floor models had them...the assumption is the one you bought should have. Good luck.[p]Carey

·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    JJPLIN,[p]The stainless is nice to have but not essential. [p]Welcome to the forum and family - you won't regret getting the large![p]Cathy

·