Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whole roaster breast

BDBD Posts: 87
edited 5:24AM in EggHead Forum

Got this whole roasting chicken breast on sale last week. It's about 3 pounds. I want to egg it romorrow. Should I brine or just season overnight ? And how about temps ? Like a turkey breast ? 350 - 375 ?
Thanks.

·

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    BD,[p]I always brine chicken breast if I have time since it dries out so easily.[p]On temp, I'd probably go a bit cooler - say 325-350 - and take it off when it hits 160 degrees internal.[p]Cathy
    ·
  • BDBD Posts: 87
    Cat,[p]Thanks ! I was thinking of trying some of Sprinter's recently posted OJ/Chipotle marinade and basting sauce that was posted the other day. So I'll brine tonight, marinade,
    baste, wine and dine tomorrow ![p]

·