Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ceramic left-overs

Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ceramic1.jpg
<p />Ever since I drug "old gassy" out behind the shed - I have had the ceramic BBQ squares. These replaced the lava rocks in my gas grills and they are about 2" square and about 1/2" thick. The have a honeycomb look with thousands of holes going straight thru them. The hype is that grease drips in and burns up - self cleaning. As you can see they stain but high heat cleans them really well. I have had them in before at 500-600 deg to see if they could take the heat and they did. I have them so I am playing with them today since I needed a heat shield to do 3 racks of babies. This covers more area than the firebircks or setter and lets air go through. Might be a nice accessory. Just shows you that you can still use some old gas grill stuff. [p]Tim[p]
·

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Tim M,[p]Looks good to me! Just another toy to add to an egg![p]Smokey
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    ribset26.jpg
    <p />Smokey,
    My wife says I have too many Egg toys - but she is wrong again![p]Ribs are on the grill......... As GFW says, Life is good.[p]Tim

·
  • HootHoot Posts: 1
    I've used these same ceramic squares for years as heat shields...they work pretty well. It's good to see that others pick up on the same type of ideas. I put the rib rack right on top of the squares though and its works great.[p]Hoot[p]
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, you win - after looking at the picture I'm off to the butcher store - Ribs & Life are GOOD!

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    ribset28.jpg
    <p />Gfw,
    These were wonderful!![p]Tim

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    Tim M,
    Alright..that does it! Just took a couple slabs of babybacks out of the freezer.
    Hope you and the guests/family enjoyed them!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·