Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My version of Greek Pizza

Chrispy Bob
Chrispy Bob Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
greekpizzacooked.jpg
<p />Here is my take on a Greek Pizza. For the crust I used my own recipe for dough, but rested overnight in the fridge. Took out 2 hours before using to come up to room temp. Biggest change I found was that the dough lost it's elasticity and was very easy to handle.
Toppings:
Ranch dressing
Jack cheese
Chicken and onions marinaded in oil and vinegar dressing that cooked in skillet.
Diced cucumber
Feta cheese
Sliced small tomatoes
500 for about 8 min.[p]CB[p]PS for those that live in humid areas and have problems with mold (I could have started a Penicillin factory!), here is an easy solution. Put a 40 watt lightbulb in your egg. I use my small most of the time and my large grows great mold. Since I put the lightbulb in...no mold.

Comments

• Chrispy Bob,
    Crust looks great!! How 'bout sharing your dough rcipe?

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Chrispy Bob,[p]That's looks and sounds really good, Chrispy. Will you be making one of those in Waldorf this year? Maybe we can get Brian and his gorgeous fiance to join us this year... eh?[p]John

• dotboy,
    Glad to-
    2 1/2 cups bread flour
    1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 pkg dry yeast
    1 tsp salt
    1 cup ice water
    4 tablespoons olive oil
    Put all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor with a metal blade.
    Pulse several times mix.
    With the processor running, add the ice water and olive oil.
    Continue to process until dough forms a ball. Adjust water and flour as necessary. Process about 15 seconds.
    Oil a large bowl, add dough and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
    Two hours before making pizza, remove dough, shape into 2-3 balls on floured surface. Shape into 5-6 inch patties. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 2 hours. When ready to make pizzas, shape dough by hand or with rolling pin...about 12-14 inches in diameter.[p]CB

• WooDoggies,
    John - Bad news, I am going to be out of the country that weekend and won't make it.[p]Bob

• Chrispy Bob,
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.[p]dotboy