Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have a good Cornish Game Hen Recipe?

Options
bbqman
bbqman Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having the company tomorrow night and I decided I would try some cornish game hens on the egg. I'm sure they would be wonderful just by themselves with a little apple, cherry or alder smoke. However, I was wondering if anyone had a more adventuresome recipe for some sort of rub or marinade. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    bbqman,[p]Never cooked one myself but this one sure sounds good. The recipe is in the recipe section.[p]Troy

[ul][li]Game Hens by JJ[/ul]
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    bbqman,
    I cooked two hens last week using JJ's recipe.THEY WERE SCRUMPDLISCUS!!!! Go for it.
    Bob

• Had Cornish hens yesterday. I used Cat's recipe for temperature. I butterflied them by removing the back and neck. Marinated them for four hours in a dry Memphis rub and a little garlic powder. Cooked them at 300 degrees 45 minutes bone side toward the fire, and wood for smoke. Then I turner them to skin side down until the internal temperature was 175/180 degrees in the thigh, about 20 minutes. [p]The meat was smokey, moist, almost falling off the bone and the skin was crisp. My wife, not one for BBQ foods was well pleased and I loved them. Hope this helps.[p]N.W.