Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Q re Clay Q's pulled beef

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got two chuck roasts and plan on trying pulled beef for the first time. They are actually select grade and each weighs about 3 pounds.[p]Is this enough meat? Since they are not choice, should I even try this with these?[p]Thanks in advance,

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    that will work fine and besides that chuck roast is the cut the recipe calls for. Enjoy - we love pulled beef better than pulled pork in this home!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    I think your ok, Rumrunner would know for sure, more fat and gristle to work with than prime cut but otherwise ok for pulled beef I believe. Its easy enough to remove the areas of fat and gristle when pulling. You will have more fat in the juice, here again it is easy to remove when poured into a measuring cup and the fat collects at the top.
    This recipe is one of the healthiest ways to eat chuck roast.
    Clay

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    RRP,
    I've got three big roasts in the freezer waiting for me to Q some pulled beef. I plan on buying a larger dutch oven so I can make bigger batches using 5 chuck roasts. I'll see how that works out.
    Keep on smokin,
    Clay