Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg's Future New Home

Options
Btown Egger
Btown Egger Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished assembling a BGE large cypress table and thought I'd post a few pictures to show what a BGE-supplied table looks like. I finished mine with Olympic naturaltone redwood deck stain followed by three coats of Minwax Helmsman Spar Satin Urethane.[p]greeneggtable.jpg[p]I also added a side accessory that I had to test out immediately.[p]greeneggtableaccessory.jpg

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Btown,[p]Nice job, great looking finish.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Btown Egger,
    Kudos my friend! Very nice![p]Mike

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 123
    Options
    Btown Egger,
    Beutiful!

• Gold Wing
    Options
    Btown Egger,[p]Superb finish! Great job!
  • Btown Egger,
    how much was the table?? looks great!

• Btown Egger
    Options
    Vegas Taco,[p]The table was $297.00 through my local BGE dealer. I could have purchased it online for about $50.00 less with free shipping but I think it's important to spend my money locally when I can and keep my BGE dealer in business.[p]I also purchased a cover for the table/egg setup which was $41.00.[p]Now I just have to start taking apart portions of the egg so that I can place it into the table.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Btown Egger,
    looks great. with the spar urethane, i would give it a month to harden up, and take it easy with it for maybe 2 months. it takes a while to fully cure. i did all the woodwork in my fishing room, living room, and bedroom with this stuff and it scratches easy for the first month or so and then stands up great.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Btown Egger,
    Don't do what I did and try to lift into the table by yourself. Even with ropes and slings to help grab it, guts removed, I was disabled for a day or two![p]Is that a tractor or four wheeler in the picture? You sure keep things clean![p]Good job!

• Btown Egger
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    Yeah, that's a small tractor in the background, a Kubota BX2200. I do have a front end loader for the Kubota which I thought I could use once snow season is over to help lift the egg into the table. My only concern is whatever strapping I might use would let loose and the egg would come crashing down.[p]Did you lift your egg with the top removed? That is how I transported mine home. I took the lid off and fire ring out and lifted pieces out of truck. I do remember the bottom half still being very heavy so I may have to rethink how to lift it into the table.