Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

outrageous chicken

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To wrap up the labor day weekend, I decided to take it easy and do a simple butterflied chicken over direct heat (between 300 and 350 for 45 minutes to an hour). To make it interesting my wife crushed up a tablespoon of grains of paradise and made a paste with with parsley, oregano, a little lemon juice and olive oil. I finally figured out how to loosen up the chicken skin all the way down to the thigh and leg and spread the paste everywhere under the skin and for good measure put some on the bone side as well. I put it on the grill bone side down at 340-350 dome temp and turned it only once when the thigh temp reached 155. With the paste under the skin keeping the chicken moist, I let it stay on until the breast temp got to 190. [p]This was outrageous chicken. First off it looked great. Beautiful skin - crisp and nicely brown. It was so falling off the bone tender that I could cut it like cake. Great flavor and moist. I served it with a french-style California chardonnay (Babcock). [p]I also grilled eggplant and squash slices to go with it. [p]As GFW would say, life is so good.

Comments