Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

How can you keep the temperature down in this heat?

FrancoFranco Posts: 88
edited 8:54AM in EggHead Forum
It's currently 108 degrees here and my dome gauge is reading 125. Trying to cook a tenderloin at about 200 to 225 and after yesterdays rib cook (ended up cooking them at 300), I'm wondering what to do with the vents.[p]Should I light the fire and barely open the top and bottom vents or totally open the top and close the bottom all together?[p]Any help with this will be appreciated.[p]Thanks, Frank

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Franco,[p]Start a small compact fire and control with the top closed (it will leak enough air) and the bottom open just a crack. The important thing is that you don't get in a hurry to reach cooking temp. Patience will avoid the overtemp and the resultant long wait for it to drop.[p]You can add some mass (firebrick, etc. set to the side) to help with holding the internal air temp.[p]Spin

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Franco, if you haven't already done so recently, you may want to consider calibrating your dome thermometer.