Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sauce for grilled salmon ?

BDBD Posts: 87
edited 8:45PM in EggHead Forum

Anyone have a suggestion for a sauce to serve with the salmon fillets I am grilling later ? I have fresh dill and basil available. The last time the salmon was absolutely great just lightly marinated about 20 minutes before cooking. Thought I'd try a sauce along with it today.
The other BD

·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,606
    BD, this isn't a sauce as you were asking for, but the salmon is excellent and you don't need or want to cover up the taste. See http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/newRecipes/seafood0151.htm
    I vary slightly from this and use 1/4 c of bourdon instead of 3 T and let the fish marinate for 3 hours. Also I use a can of beer instead of water in the pan. Alder cips round out this taste treat! Another excellent salmon is Cat's Juniper salmon, but I doubt you can find juniper berries on Labor Day. Good luck. RRP

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·