Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

MELTED PADDING?!?!?!?!?!?!

On the fourth usage of my new BGE, rarely ever exposed to the searing temperatures, I got it up to 750-ish for about five or ten minutes, then attempted to open it only to find the pads stuck together, glue all gooey and pads themselves shrinking and distorting from heat. I can't imagine that's how it's supposed to be. What's the deal? I'm going to call BGE but I'm assuming if they knew of a stonger glue and fabric they would have already used it. What's a guy to do?

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Bud Jones,
    Its somewhat common. Often it's caused by food, grease, sauce, etc on the seals which acts as a glue and seals them together. If they are sealed now - you can use a fish filet knife or some very thin blade to cut them apart. Call BGE and they can get you a replacement gasket. Its good to have one on hand anyway. [p]Tim

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    Bud Jones,[p]Sorry to hear the news, but recovery is imminent. Read the thread in the archives posted earlier this summer. It should contain the information that you'll need.[p]Puj[p][p]
    [ul][li]http://biggreenegg.com/archives/2000/messages/51395.htm[/ul]
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Tim M,[p]What'ya Egging today?[p]Puj