Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spun up Chicken cook

BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
edited 1:56PM in EggHead Forum
tspinchicken.jpg
<p />Egged a 4.5 lb free-range chicken for lunch yesterday. I rubbed it with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin Thursday morning but didn’t cook it until Friday due to accepting a dinner invite. (Turned out to be a big mistake, bland food and very inappropriate remarks from the host to the GF.) My setup was inverted plate setter with grid on top. I used my Weber “beer can” roaster with a Coors Beer someone left in the refrigerator and about a teaspoon of rub. Added a piece of wood that was sitting out from my last cook. Turned out to be Hickory. [p]Cooked at a grid temperature of 250-260 (290-300 dome) until the breast was about 150, then bumped up the temperature about 20 degrees for 30 minutes to crisp up the skin a little. Got distracted so the breast was 175+ when I pulled it off. I normally cook to a breast temp of 160 – 165. Total cook time was about two hours. Result was a great tasting, moist bird. [p]Next time, I’m going to use apple or alder wood for smoke.

·