Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spun up Chicken cook

BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
edited 10:20PM in EggHead Forum
tspinchicken.jpg
<p />Egged a 4.5 lb free-range chicken for lunch yesterday. I rubbed it with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin Thursday morning but didn’t cook it until Friday due to accepting a dinner invite. (Turned out to be a big mistake, bland food and very inappropriate remarks from the host to the GF.) My setup was inverted plate setter with grid on top. I used my Weber “beer can” roaster with a Coors Beer someone left in the refrigerator and about a teaspoon of rub. Added a piece of wood that was sitting out from my last cook. Turned out to be Hickory. [p]Cooked at a grid temperature of 250-260 (290-300 dome) until the breast was about 150, then bumped up the temperature about 20 degrees for 30 minutes to crisp up the skin a little. Got distracted so the breast was 175+ when I pulled it off. I normally cook to a breast temp of 160 – 165. Total cook time was about two hours. Result was a great tasting, moist bird. [p]Next time, I’m going to use apple or alder wood for smoke.