Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini

Options
randomegger
randomegger Posts: 194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The office wants me to bring the Mini and grill something on Monday. I read somewhere, I think, about getting a couple pork tenderloins on the mini. Can't remember if that was using some convoluted elevated rack method or if you cut or coiled them up.[p]Er, uh, a little help here?[p]RE

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Since you are not set up with dual grids, i would cut the loins to size that will fit on the 9" grid & keep turning like hotdogs til done
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    randomegger, I do mine curled into a U-shape on a second grill. I put the first grill in as normal and then put down two thin firebricks and then put the second grill on top. My thin firebricks are only about 1/3" thick so it really does not raise it up too much. If Chubby would ever create his Grill Xtenders for the Mini then I could dispense with that setup.

• randomegger
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Thanks![p]Don't have time to run into Tucker to get a second grate - can they be had at the Lowe Depot store?[p]RE[p]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    randomegger,
    Go to Lowe's and buy three 3/4" copper couplings and stand them on the fire ring and put the grid on them.That will give you about a 1 1/2" raised grid.
    Larry

• Rumrunner
    Options
    randomegger, I cut them in half and you can easily fit two whole pork t-loins on the Mini. I've got pics somewhere, but darned if I can find them in cyberpace today. Try and level the heat around 400° (+ or -, mostly +) and flip them every few minutes and moving position on the grid. They come out great. Don't over cook...150° is high enough, 140° is better.