Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

This CANNOT be right

SandiSandi Posts: 107
edited 6:48PM in EggHead Forum
Put my turkey breast on at 10:00 at 375 dome temp. It's not even 11:30 and the temp reads 165. I have made sure the polder is not touching the bone....this can't be right...can it???
·

Comments

• Sandi,
    How big is the turkey breast? It should take about 20 minutes per pound to roast it.
    Fireball

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Sandi, also make sure that the probe from the dome thermometer isn't sticking into the turkey when the dome it closed.

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    turkey1.jpg
    <p />Sandi,[p]Is it over a drip pan or ceramic? I do mine at that temp but over ceramic or a double boiler drip pan and it takes about 3 hrs. Placement of the probe is key -- but at that temp a probe can be easily ruined - I always wrap the cable with tin foil to help protect it above 350 deg.
    ·