Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

This CANNOT be right

SandiSandi Posts: 107
edited 9:04PM in EggHead Forum
Put my turkey breast on at 10:00 at 375 dome temp. It's not even 11:30 and the temp reads 165. I have made sure the polder is not touching the bone....this can't be right...can it???
·

Comments

• Sandi,
    How big is the turkey breast? It should take about 20 minutes per pound to roast it.
    Fireball

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Sandi, also make sure that the probe from the dome thermometer isn't sticking into the turkey when the dome it closed.

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    turkey1.jpg
    <p />Sandi,[p]Is it over a drip pan or ceramic? I do mine at that temp but over ceramic or a double boiler drip pan and it takes about 3 hrs. Placement of the probe is key -- but at that temp a probe can be easily ruined - I always wrap the cable with tin foil to help protect it above 350 deg.
    ·