Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bone in Country Rib help

SundownSundown Posts: 2,857
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday the butcher suggested I try some bone in country ribs he had out. Last time I tried country ribs (no bone) I was a little less than impressed. I have to chalk it up to something I didn't do correctly. Plan on JJ's Rub but from there I'm in the hands of the Forum
Any suggestions? Times? Dome temp? Whatever...thanks
Carey

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Sundown,[p]Not the best suggestion from Mr Butcher - but some love those things. You know they aren't ribs at all, they are from the shoulder section so you don't cook them like a rib. I don't do them often so my experience is limited. Looong cooks are best but since they are cut into sections the edges want to burn. Indirect,therefor, is the way to go. Something like 250-300 indirect for 3-4 hrs. Check GFW's website as I think he does them often.[p]Tim
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    S12_07_9918_10_03.jpg
    <p />Sundown, check out the link - no real difference between bone-in or boneless - cook about the same. Given the choice, I prefer baby backs - wife likes country style - Good luck!

[ul][li]Country Ribs[/ul]