Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What about housefires?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm on the verge of buying an Egg, and have kept up with the BBQ newsgroups for awhile. I often see owners talking about cranking their ceramic cookers the night before, then going off to bed. Is there no concern of a housefire as a result? How hot does the outside of the cooker get? (A former lady friend of mine, a firefighter, would have kittens at the thought :-) ).[p]Also, looking at some of the recipes (the Elder Ward pulled pork in particular) I note that some of the measurements, most likely fractions, are represented as encoded characters. Unfortunately, my browser displays same as assorted Greek characters, often variants of Pi. Could the BGE recipe
maintainers please convert same into literal fractions please, ala 1/3 Cup?

Comments