Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Two whole chickens at once?

Is it possible/advisable to do two in large BGE? Any Temp/Technique suggestions? Need I marinate?

• Bud Jones, I injected mine with cajun marinade. Skinned the chickens (not very hard). Followed Beer Butt temps and time. Cooked 4 at once. Probably had room for a couple more. Moist, tender, and left the guests begging for more.[p]CWM
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,916
    Bud Jones,
    Piece 'o' cake. I've done twin 5's and twin 7 pounders a number of times. Usually Perdus finest oven stugffers.
    I rub the little puppies with oil or butter use JJ's rub or just plain old paparika, get them set up on the vertical roasters and go to it. We use a little apple smoke and everyone raves!
    go for internal breast temp 185* (I think that's what it is, best check.[p]God luck and good eating.