Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

The Ribs are on -- another QUESTION!

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited 11:46PM in EggHead Forum
I'm working on 3 racks of ribs and plan to use the now popular, thanks gfw, 3/1/1.5 method. Should I mop the ribs with sauce prior to putting them in foil?[p]thanks[p]Roll Tide![p]Bama Fire

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Bama Fire,[p]No need but it won't hurt. It will be like steaming the ribs in mop sauce and that might be OK. Add the sauce after the foil - I wait about 10-15 min then add sauce for the last hour or so.[p]Tim
  • Tim M,
    Thanks for the QUICK response and your advice yesterday too! I'm 27 minutes from the next flip. I may need to "test" a beer to make sure they're cold. Hmm. 4 hours 'til kickoff and I'm a wreck. Run clock run.[p]Roll tide.[p]B~F

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Bama Fire, Good Food, Good Beer and GOOD RIBS - Life is Good! Hope the party goes well!

• Bama Fire, I usually wait untill the last half hour. [p]CWM

• SandiSandi Posts: 107
    Bama Fire,[p]Hope those ribs turn out well for ya. You're gonna need something to gnaw on as Alabama gets beaten to death by UCLA!ROFL.......WAR EAGLE! Sandi[p]
  • Sandi,
    yeah yeah yeah...[p]weegle weegle war damn eagle.....