Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3/1/1.5 instructions

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grandma always said I was a little slow and wasn't too good at paying attention which could explain my asking for the 3/1/1.5 instructions. I've been kind of doing Cat's Ribs when we do ribs because everyone loves them but, what's that thing about the spice of life?...
I'll try to pay better attention in the future
Thanks[p]Carey

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Sundown, check out the link and the pictures - I've also done Cat's ribs and they are great - the 3/1/1.5 actually referrs to the cooking method on the BGE - I have used a variety of rubs and sauces in the marinate and cooking.[p]Please feel free to wander the rest of my web site if you haven't already.

[ul][li]3/1/1.5 Ribs[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,[p]I had them again last night - wonderful!! I took a meat temp between the bones and had 190+ on some and 180 on some others(thick ends). The closer to 190 deg, the better the meat pulled off the bone. They were very tender. Actually - its easier to do two racks this way than using all the ceramic stuff - it just sounds hard. The results are outstanding.[p]Tim
  • char buddy
    Options
    Sundown,[p]I don't know if this helps Sundown, but I once substituted something called "grains of paradise" for Cat's peppercorns with not much noticeable difference. Grains of paradise were highly touted in the press last spring as an interesting substitute for pepper. So far, my jury is still out. [p]Otherwise I'd say that ribs do spice up my life after I eat them ;)