Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

goat cheese

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Long story but momma kat and I both brought home a bunch of goat cheese, not hnowing the other was going to for a recipe that didn't turn out to suit us. We pitched that concoction, but still have this cheese. Rather than to pitch it what can be done with it?

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    one feral kat:[p]In pizza; with sliced tomatoes, sliced onions and goat cheese drizzled with olive oil; fill a small glass pan with spinach and lay slices of goat cheese on top and bake in oven . . .

• Bama Fire
    Options
    one feral kat,
    Two words: Pork Tenderloin.[p]I marinaded the tenderloin in soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper for a couple of hours. Sliced them open, like a sub roll, the spread on the goat cheese. next, I sliced up some fresh jalpeno peppers to top off the goat cheese. Tied the loins back together, and egged at 375 for around 30 minutes. WOW! let me repeat, WOW![p]My wife doesn't like spicy food, so she picked the peppers out -- the meat had a wonderful flavor but it didn't have a pepper "bite". I'll do this recipe again.[p]Good luck![p]B~F

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Bama Fire, this sounds interesting - since I'm off to the store and I have a few pork tenderloins in the freezer (love those little things), I'll be picking up some goat cheese this afternoon.

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Gfw,
    Pork tenders, I can do. Ribs, I will soon master (with a bit of luck & some help from my friends.)[p]You will love the tenderloins! Enjoy![p]Have a great long weekend. Roll Tide![p]B~F

• Bama Fire, interesting...I'm doing Mr Toad's Pork Loin this weekend for the second time. Think I'll add some goat cheese in the layering process...what ya think?

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Bama Fire, I'm back with the goat cheese and just laid out a Pork Ternderloin - dinner tomorrow - my wife is about the same as yours so jalpeno peppers on about 1/2 - any last minute hints or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!