Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot days, cold gazpacho

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 12:53PM in EggHead Forum
The days have been hot so I tried my mom's recipe for gazpacho to go along with tonights chicken! Its a very easy recipe; [p]In a blender, puree 6 large tomatoes, 4 cloves garlic, 1 green pepper a slice of bread a splash of balsamic vinegar, another of olive oil, a shake of salt and pepper: top with dices cucumber. [p]I find its better the next day! [p]Smokey

·

Comments

• Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    Smokey,
    Damn, that sounds good! Sounds like a lot of work though... ;-}

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Smokey,
    A slice of bread? Like...white bread? Toasted? Not? What does the bread do? I love gazpacho, so I'll definitely try this.

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Bama Fire,[p]No, it REALLY easy! Only takes between 5 and 10 minutes. Once you have the ingredients, just throw 'em in a belender and you're done![p]Smokey

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    MollyShark,[p]It's mom's recipe, what can I say?! I think the bread thickens it up just a little. I used a piece of stale white bread (w/o the crust).[p]Smokey

·