Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rolled Flank Steak

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This evening I hope to try rolled flank steak using the recipe by Mad Max Beyond Eggdome that was in the 2003 Eggtoberfest recipe book. Does anyone have any variations that they think particularly good?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Haggis,
    since no one else weighed in. .. .you should try it per the recipe first. ..the blend of the steak, salty prociutto, sweet peppers and nutty parmesan is pretty awsome. . .if you want to try something differnet, go with some diced up mushrooms and peppers, sauted with some shallots and/or garlic and a splash of white wine. ..then roll that up in the flank steaks with or without the prociutto and/or cheese... . [p]let us know what you end up doing. .. .

• Haggis
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks, I think I'll follow your guidance this time. Was this based on something the TV lady did for you? I actually saw her show yesterday for the first time ever - was on the eliptical at the gym since now I'm retired and can do things like that in the middle of the afternoon.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Haggis,
    nope, this is not a giada recipe. ..i originally got it out of the washington post sunday magazine about 10 years ago . .it was a recipe for the oven that i turned into a BGE recipe after i got my egg. ....

• Haggis
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]It caught my attention when I saw it mentioned here on the forum and in the Eggfest cookbook because I had recently seen a similar one on another Italian cooking show - I think it was "Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen on PBS. [p]By the way, had no trouble butterflying the flank steak using my Chinese melon knife with its 14 inch blade - carbon steel, 30 years old, and only been sharpened once that I can recall. Its great for the kind of cutting where you want to maintain a perfectly flat slice.