Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Butt and Stew Review

MarkMark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just thought I would take a moment to praise JJ and his rub and also Red for his Brunswick Stew. Made a batch of JJ's rub and put it on a medium size butt, which was then heavily "slathered" in Grey Poupon mustard. It went on the Egg just after dawn, when I returned about eight hour's later I found the dome temp. had gone up to 300 and the polder temp. was 203 with the alarm just howling. It was then taken off and aloud to sit for a couple hours. [p]With the leftover's Red's stew was made, this is undoubtedly some of the best BBQ and stew I've ever had. To top it all off "I made it".
Next time I think I will try cooking bread with it, have some sour dough starter that need to be used. Anyone have any experience with sour dough starter, need all the help I can get.[p]Mark

Comments