Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I've got a Pizza question?

FrancoFranco Posts: 88
edited 4:28AM in EggHead Forum
Trying pizza on the egg for the first time. I've got two questions. [p]One I don't have a pizza peel so I'm thinking about using just a baking pan. Will that work to transfer to pizza to the egg/stone or do any of you have any other suggestions.[p]My second question is there any way to cook more than one pizza at a time? I'm assuming there is not.[p]As always your help will make tonights dinner all the better.[p]Thanks, Frank
·

Comments

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    Franco,[p]Do you have access to a large cookie spatula? Something like that will suffice for the night. I do recommend that you invest in a pizza peel. The bigger challenge is getting the pizza off of the stone when you've finished the bake.[p]I'll pass on the more than one pizza at a time question. I wouldn't venture to guess how that might be done. I have, however, baked up to eight pies in succession a couple of times and kept everyone's attention throughout - roughly 80 minutes. :)[p]Puj

·
  • FrancoFranco Posts: 88
    Puj, where do you fined peels?[p]Thanks, Frank

·
  • FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Franco,
    A large Department store's cooking section should have them. Or any cooking speciality store.
    Firball

·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Fireball,[p]... or restaurant supply store/catalog.[p]Puj
    ·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Franco,[p]I've used a piece of cardboard to insert the pie and a cookie sheet to remove it. Awkward but it works, but only if the pizza is cooked at or slightly above the opening lip of your Egg. Dropping the pie onto a grill level pizza stone is an interesting procedure. Removing the finished pie is entirely fastinating.[p]I haven't attempted multiple pies as the setup would be much to complicated for a high temp short time cook.[p]Spin[p]

·
  • Franco, you can pre-bake the crust a couple of minutes, just enough to set/dry the bottom. Then assemble the pizza, and you can easily slide it on or off the stone with a large spatula.

·