Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pit Temp for 3-1-1 Indirect Rib Method?

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
edited 12:02PM in EggHead Forum
It's been awhile since I did any ribs. I remember having good luck with the 3-1-1 indirect method but I can't remember the pit temp. Shouldn't it be around 325 to 350? I've got my fire approaching 320 now and I want to have the ribs ready for the Panthers' game.I've got two slabs done up with Dizzy Pig Coarse Grind and one slab done up with Swamp Venom for the adventurous type! Any advice would really be appreciated.[p]Thanks,[p]Jimbo[p]
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    JimboBQ,
    i did 250-275 for spares.
    they were trimmed, and took between 6 hours+

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
    stike,[p]Dang, was I off. OK. I'll start backing my fire down a bit. I just put the ribs on. Thanks for the advice.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...