Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pit Temp for 3-1-1 Indirect Rib Method?

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 197
edited 7:50PM in EggHead Forum
It's been awhile since I did any ribs. I remember having good luck with the 3-1-1 indirect method but I can't remember the pit temp. Shouldn't it be around 325 to 350? I've got my fire approaching 320 now and I want to have the ribs ready for the Panthers' game.I've got two slabs done up with Dizzy Pig Coarse Grind and one slab done up with Swamp Venom for the adventurous type! Any advice would really be appreciated.[p]Thanks,[p]Jimbo[p]
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    JimboBQ,
    i did 250-275 for spares.
    they were trimmed, and took between 6 hours+

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 197
    stike,[p]Dang, was I off. OK. I'll start backing my fire down a bit. I just put the ribs on. Thanks for the advice.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...