Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

At Long Last - Announcing the 2006 Florida Eggfest

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all, thanks to all of you for your patience. With WMK's help, I'm finally able to direct you to the 2006 Florida Eggfest website (see the link below). Without his help, I may NEVER have gotten the problems worked out![p]So, come on everyone and join us at Silver River State Park on March 10th and 11th for a great time. [p]WHERE: Silver River State Park, in Ocala, FL
WHEN: Meet and Greet is on Friday, March 10th, the BIG event of cooking and feasting is on Saturday, March 11th.[p]We hope to see you there![p]Tonia
:~)

[ul][li]2006 Florida Eggfest Website[/ul]

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    QBabe,
    We signed up and booked a room. I have ordered a small demo. Only problem is that I have only cooked on the large. HELP me to anticipate suttle differences in the cookers other than size. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Outstanding, Tonia. I know it was crunch time for you but the site is working perfectly. Thanks a million for all your great effort......
    John

• egret
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    I have a large and a small. The small is more responsive to temperature changes initiated by you which makes it a real joy to cook on. You're going to absolutely love it. You'll see little difference in cooking with the small as compared to the large except as noted. I'd recommend a set of Grate Mates and an 8" ceramic dish from BGE to take the place of the plate setter and the extended grid that aren't available with the small.

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    egret,
    Any pictures of this setup? What about a link to grate Mates? I can't wait to eggsperiment.

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]
    You'll find pics and information @ the link below.[p]
    One note:[p]There was a price increase as of Jan 1'st that hasn't been entered on the Website as of yet.[p]If you're further interested, there is contact information available there!![p]Evans

[ul][li]GrateMates Information[/ul]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • QBabe
    Options
    egret,[p]Thanks! Yes, I was definitely starting to hit panic mode when I couldn't get the darn thing to work properly and there were lots of words like &%#$@$%&* flying around, that's for sure! Thank goodness for WMK, that's all I've got to say...[p]Hope we see you there again. I seem to remember you brought some outstanding salmon last year that I missed out on...[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]Looks like egret and Chubby have given you some tips, but I've got to say I just LOVE my small egg. There are differences, and like any cooker, it takes getting to know it, but it'll perform just as well as the large one, and personally I think it does steaks even better...![p]Tonia
    :~)[p]BTW, check your email...

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    QBabe,
    What would we do w/o you!? Brutus/QBabe's Husband=lucky man.
    I'll still get the fire wood!!!!!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • QBabe
    Options
    Hey Billy,[p]Can't wait to see you and LadyJ there! Nothing like winding down around the campfire...[p]Tonia

• egret
    Options
    QBabe,
    Yes I did..... I'm gonna have to come up with a new menu this time, i.e., out of salmon. We're going back to Alaska in August so I should have some fresh salmon for the Eggtoberfest.......