Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are Kamado owners welcome here?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
I bought a Kamado recently and wondered if I am welcome here. I'd like to share some experiences and ask a few questions as I am sure they are very similar.
Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Joe, As a old timer here on the forum, I am going to answer this one,,then shush me yapper. :-)..Bear with me.
    Yes, there are many here that are not BGE owners. GrillDome, Imperial Kamado, and Kamado Corp from Sacramento.
    As this is a BGE forum, you will find many of the BGE owners commenting on their units. Yet we do encourage the friendly exchange of cooking techniques and verbatim that applies with all the cookers. What we do discourage is the use of language or pictures that would insinuate in various devious methods a "comparison" of products. That flies against our rules as set forth.
    Sure..jump in here Joe...and enjoy. A kamado word or two isn't going to kill your welcome invitation.
    Abusing it might!
    Just my opinion from past experiences...
    Char-Woody

• The Walrus
    Options
    Joe,
    Welcome aboard. We can all learn from the other.
    the walrus

• Char-Woody, I don't plan on making comparisons between brands. That only sparks controversy and arguments. I am sure they are all good and serve the purpose. It's just nice to be able to find a new group to share stories with . In my uneducated opinion a pork butt in mine will likely react the same as a pork butt in a BGE.
    Thanks for the thoughts.
    Joe

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    JOe, You nailed it down fine..Welcome aboard...
    Char-Woody

• WillieB
    WillieB Posts: 21
    Options
    Joe,
    We have a #7 and the large BGE and I have been known to chat on both forums. I would advise to NOT compare the units in the forums, good way to start hostilities. Besides that, IMHO, you would be welcome on either site.
    both Sites offer good information and tips and that is the whole jest of the forums. Good luck with the K.[p]Ray in Lubbock, TX

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Joe,
    Wasn't too sure what a Kamado cooker was. So I went looking so far all I can see is you guys use a different name sounds like what comes out of your Kamado in all likelyhood tastes just like what come out of my BGE. Even picked up a receipt I hadn't seen before from your forum.
    To my simple way of thinking you are just cousins and family.[p]Carey