Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling Prime Rib Slices

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last week on vacation in Topsail beach N.C. had Prime Rip (approximately 1 inch thick)at Beuchamps Resturant.It was excellent and the waitress said it was grilled not as a roast but as a slice.
Has anyone had experience in this regard.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    E Hamm,[p]If I'm not totally off my rocker, a boneless prime rib roast is simply a ribeye?!?!?!. Grill it as you would a regular steak. I could see it being done the exact same way even though it may have the bone still in it. Not 100% certain on this but pretty sure.[p]Troy
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    08_22_0017_53_03.jpg
    <p />E Hamm, Sprinter is exactly right. Also check out Delmonico cuts about the same - 2 nights ago I did a rib eye steak 3 inches thick (see picture from early in the cook) - as I recall 2 minutes (on all 4 sides) followed by some time at 350-400 degrees until the center was 135 degrees - actually cut it up and served it like a prime rib roast, which I guess is about what it was.[p]The Delmonico isn't as fatty (maybe it is rib eye that has been trimmed) as a rib eye and we get them about 1.25 inches thick - great results.[p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Man, if that tasted half as pretty as it looks, it must have been awesome. Thanks for the pic. I do think you're right on that the Delmonico is a trimmed ribeye, excellent cut of meat. The wife and I have been eating a bit of pork and chicken lately, can't wait to sink my teeth into a good steak again. Or a burger, maybe a blackened blue burger, or a ribeye, maybe a T-Bone? Too much to cook, too little time.[p]Troy