Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

applying CharCrust

edited 9:32AM in EggHead Forum
Last night I had some FAN-TAB-U-LOUS pork chops using SpiceCooks recipe for a marninade and then used the South Western Spicy CharCrust. Anybody have a trick to getting CC on in a uniform basis? Can't shake it on due to the big flakes amongst it. Can rub it on to an extent and that sure beats doing the "dredge" the mfg suggests, but I would like it to be more even coated.

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    pchop1.jpg
    <p />one feral kat,[p]Being mr. thrifty myself, I just sprinkle it on. My wife likes it thinly added and I cover mine. Play with it to see what you like. You can spray it with Pam to prevent it from charing to easily (per directions) but I rarely do that. Pat-down the meat first so its fairly dry - too wet makes it run off. I let my char-crust sit on the meat about 20-30 min before I cook.[p]My least favorite is the Spicy SW -- try the Peppercorn-garlic on chops!! Yeeeoouiii. Also good is the original. My wife likes the hickory-molassas best. [p]Experiment[p]Tim
  • bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Tim M,
    Can I have your SW spicey? :-)
    brad

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    bdavidson,[p]Yes